The successful candidate will be the expert technical authority responsible for developing applications using Microsoft’s Power Platform; responsibilities include design, documentation, development, modification, testing, installation, integration, implementation, and support of new or existing software based on Power Platform.
Candidates will be evaluated on the skills that they possess that are directly related to the duties of the position and the experience, education and training that indicate the applicant’s ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position. Only those candidates who meet all qualification and eligibility requirements and who submit the required information by 11:59 PM EST on 03/17/2022 will be considered.
The USPS OIG uses a Pay Banding system, which is equivalent to the Federal GS scale. Grade and salary determinations will be made based upon a candidate’s education and professional experience.
This position is being advertised at the Specialist Band level, equivalent to a GS-14. The salary range for this position is $126,233.00 – $164,102.00. The salary figures include locality pay.
Please note that the duties and responsibilities associated with this position may vary based upon the agency’s needs at the time of hire. The following description of major duties and responsibilities is only intended to give applicants a general overview of the expectations.
- Develop Canvas and Model Driven PowerApps. Understanding PowerApps formulas and development methods to develop canvas and model driven apps.
- Work with stakeholders to create solutions from initial concept to production, to include aggregation of data and build visually appealing reports, dashboard within Power Platform.
- Build Enterprise-level mobile solutions, utilizing best practices within Power Platform Community.
- Adept at leveraging new approaches to solutions for system design and functionality.
- Use multiple out-of-the-box Connectors with PowerApps and Power Automate and have the ability to create custom connectors.
- Understanding of how to implement solutions with multiple data sources.
- Knowledgeable on installing and configuring data gateways.
- Re-write and re-engineer custom legacy applications to Power Platform solutions.
- Interpret and design database models (MYSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Address and remediate security vulnerability findings in PowerApps.
- Integrate Power BI Reports and dashboards into PowerApps.
- Proficient working in Agile project methodologies and processes.
- Responsible for estimating time and effort estimation of design and development work to support sprint planning.
- Satisfy requirements, meet agreed completion dates, and perform unit & integration testing, to including design and code review.
- Design end-to-end solutions that improve collaboration, productivity, and knowledge sharing.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills in proposing designs and progress on the work to customers, team leads, and team members.
- Support cross-functional project teams consisting of app development, IT operations, and information security.
- Knowledge of PowerApps and Power Automate licensing plans and features included in different plans.
- Multi-task effectively between projects.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be able to pass a drug screening and medical assessment questionnaire.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Moderate Background Investigation
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government-issued credit card
- May be required to successfully complete a 12-month probationary period
You must meet ALL of the minimum qualifications listed below.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- At least 3 years of specialized experience in the Information Technology (IT) field responsible for Power Platform development; design, documentation, modification, testing, installation, integration, and implementation.
- Must possess the following:
- Problem solving skills
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Advanced degree in Information Technology Systems or related field.
- Experience using Microsoft DevOps.
- Experience developing in Microsoft Dynamics 365.
You must have the experience, knowledge and skills as listed in EACH of the evaluation factors. Failure to demonstrate that you meet all of the evaluation factor requirements as listed below will result in a score of zero (0); an ineligible status, and you will not be referred for further consideration. Include your major accomplishments relevant to the position requirements in your resume.
- Demonstrated experience developing Canvas applications using Power Platform. This includes using Power Apps formulas, and Power Automate for workflows, and the ability to work with multiple data sources, including SharePoint Online, and use both custom and out-of-the box connectors.
- Demonstrated experience developing Model Driven apps using Power Platform or Dynamics 365. This includes working with the Dataverse, designing forms, business rules, views, managing Security Roles and Field Security, and designing workflows using Power Automate.
- Experienced working with enterprise databases (SQL Server, MySQL, etc.) designing data models, writing functions and stored procedures, building views, and writing advanced SQL queries.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to express and present ideas clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical staff.
- Demonstrate experience using Agile development methods and processes to develop and review SDLC work products and artifacts as well as conducting and participating in design reviews and code reviews.
You will no longer be considered for this position if receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor.
Failure to demonstrate that you meet all evaluation factor requirements will result in a score of zero (0). Upon receipt of a zero score, you will be deemed “not minimally qualified,” and you will not be referred for further consideration.
Education must be accredited by an institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation here: www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred. Special Instructions for Candidates with Foreign Education: Education completed outside the United States must be deemed equivalent to that gained in U.S. education programs. You must submit all necessary documents to a private U.S. credential evaluation service to interpret equivalency of your education against courses given in U.S. accredited colleges and universities. For further information visit: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
Pay is only part of the compensation you will earn working for the USPS OIG. We offer a broad array of benefits programs:
Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Care Insurances with Flexible Spending options.
For more information about these programs visit www.opm.gov/insure.
Retirement and Thrift Savings. For more information about these programs see www.opm.gov/retire and http://www.tsp.gov/.
Flexible Work Schedules. USPS OIG offers a range of family friendly flexibilities including flexible work schedules, telework and employee assistance programs.
Leave and Holidays. In addition to 10 paid holidays each year, you will earn 13 days of paid sick leave and 13 to 26 paid vacation days each year depending on your years of service.
For further information, please refer to our website at:
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Status: Exempt (Nonexempt employees are entitled to overtime pay; Exempt employees are not).
This agency provides Reasonable Accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please send an email to [email protected] The decision on granting an accommodation request will be made on a case by case basis.